I was comparing the two most recent versions of PDB entry 1c75 today, namely
version 3 and 4.

REVDAT   4   24-FEB-09 1C75    1   VERSN
REVDAT   3   01-APR-03 1C75    1   JRNL
REVDAT   2   14-FEB-01 1C75    1   JRNL REMARK
REVDAT   1   22-MAR-00 1C75    0

I was puzzled to find that there are changes in the file that is not only
the curation of data, error-fixing, etc, but also changes in the data itself.

For example, residue GLU A24, atom N is partially occupied in sites A and B.
In version 3 of the entry, those two atom positions have occupancies 0.63
and 0.37, respectively. In version 4 of the file, both occupancies have been
changed to 0.5. Although I have not checked extensively, it seems as if all
atoms with split positions have been assigned occupancy 0.5.

How is that possible?

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard, asc. professor, MSc, PhD
BiRC - Bioinformatics Research Center, Aarhus University