If you fancy using R (and its endless ways of generating random deviates),
then you could use part of the crystallographic package we are developing here
(cRy).

Then you would carry out the following in R:

> source("cRy/all_load.R")
> mtz <-
>readMTZ("test.mtz")
>
> # Load data from mtz file
> newF <- mtz$reflections$Fnew+rnorm(mean=0,sd=1,n=length(mtz$reflections$H))
> #
>Add gaussian deviates with mean 0 and standard dev 1
> mtz$reflections$Fnew <-
>newF
>
># Replace new column
>writeMTZ(mtz,"new_test.mtz")
>
>  # Write modified file with a different name

If you are interested I can provide you with my R code for doing this.

 Dr James Foadi PhD
Membrane Protein Laboratory
Diamond Light Source Ltd.
Diamond House