On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 10:39 +0000, Hough, Michael A wrote:
> Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced (i.e. less than £3000)
> cooled incubator for crystallisation plates?

Consider wine coolers - many thermoelectric (vibration-free) models are
available. Normally they don't go down to 4 degrees (the one I have has
the lowest setting at 8), but most people use cold rooms for that.
Shelves are normally not flat (they are for bottles after all), but that
is easy to replace. The best thing about them is that they are an order
of magnitude cheaper because they are mass produced. I paid about $80
for mine (it's small, yes), which means you can buy ~45 of them for the
price that you listed.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs