Hi Greg,

I am not sure why you are so surprised! If the zinc is altering the
conformation and/or folding of your protein, this might change the
accessibility of trypsin cleavage sites, thus changing your limited
proteolysis pattern.

Eg:

Metal-ion induced conformational changes in alkaline phosphatase from
E. coli assessed by limited proteolysis
V. Bučević-Popovića, M. Pavela-Vrančiča, ,  and R. Dieckmannb
Biochimie
Volume 86, Issue 6, June 2004, Pages 403-409

http://bit.ly/h2EtHj

HTH,

Dave

============================
David C. Briggs PhD
Father, Structural Biologist and Sceptic
University of Manchester E-mail:
david.c.bri...@manchester.ac.uk
http://manchester.academia.edu/DavidBriggs (v.sensible)
http://xtaldave.wordpress.com/ (sensible)