Dear Kenneth,

IMO there is no resolution cut-off to decide to go from TLS to individual
anisotropic Bs. I use the number of reflections per atom. You are refining 9
parameters per atom so you need quite a lot. When I have>18 ref/atom I switch
to anisotropic. I try both isotropic and anisotropic Bs with> 13.5 reflections
per atom. You need good evidence that the anisotropic model  is better than an
isotropic model, looking at R-free is not good enough. When you add so many
parameters R-free will drop anyway. Ethan Merritt discussed a good test for
this at the CCP4 study weekend. If you use Refmac, I have a tool that uses that
method to compare the logfiles from too models and helps decide which model is
best.
Combining TLS and anisotropic Bs is a bit over the top. You could use
anisotropic Bs and then use TLSMD to extract the bulk movement.

Cheers,
Robbie