Bei,
How do you concentrate your media?  We use tangential flow filtration.
 If you get a good filter (Millipore Spiral wound TFF is one example)
it goes pretty quick, in ~2 hours you should be able to process
4L(concentrate+ dilute several time in buffer).  We secrete proteins
from insect cells, but something in the media will strip the Ni2+ from
our IMAC column if we apply the sup directly.
I have tried AS precipitation and peg precipitation from culture
media.  Both worked fine at the small scale, but when scaling up I ran
into 2 issues: 1. You have to add huge amounts of AS (like kilograms),
which increases your volume a good amount, 2.  my 'pellets' would
actually float on top of the media after spinning, which was tough to
deal with.  I have also tried loading the media onto a large Q column,
but that didn't work well for me-fractions were too messy.

I think you best option is to get a good TFF setup, do your
concentration/buffer exchange, and go right to your IMAC column

Nat

Nat Clark
Graduate Student
Garman Lab
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Dept.
UMass Amherst