Protein Scientist
£28,000 - £35,000 + benefits
Jealott’s Hill, Bracknell, Berkshire

As an independent worker, you will be a part of our Protein Production
Team, providing protein expression/purification support in a timely
manner across a range of Crop Protection Research projects. This will
involve carrying out small to medium-scale protein purification and
delivering purified proteins for assays and crystallography and
communicating results to the project team to influence/guide project
decisions. You will also have the opportunity to conduct expression
screening in E.coli (essential), insects and yeast (desirable), as
well as purifying and characterising difficult to express proteins in
heterologous systems with genes from a variety of sources.

With a BSc/PhD in protein biochemistry and or relevant lab experience
you will have the skills in isolating proteins from complex mixtures,
both native and recombinant sources. Experience in working with
membrane protein and kinases would be highly advantageous.
Bioinformatics skills to analyse DNA and protein data and the ability
to deal with academic and industrial collaborators, including CROs,
are also desirable. You should also have the ability to learn quickly
and apply new skills with excellent organisational skills.

To apply online, please visit www.syngenta.com and navigate to our
current vacancies via the career page.
Closing date: 1st July 2011.

Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 26,000
employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing
plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and
commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity,
protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For
more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com