Yeah, it was a totally delightful interaction. So much for the Ubuntu spread
the love of humanity theme.

They have successfully migrated from figure 3 to figure 2:
http://bandcamp.tv/linux-demotivators/

As for BLT, my sense (being the unfortunate maintainer for it on fink) is that
it is dead in the water, and if CCP4 could free itself of this dependency,
those who insist upon using the GUI instead of the infinitely simpler and more
elegant command-line interface could use the OS X native port of tcl/tk.

--Bill

On Aug 17, 2011, at 6:34 AM, Edward A. Berry wrote:

> Seems to me the CCP4 change is exactly in line with the developers'
> response to wgscott's bug report at:
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/blt/+bug/19148
>
> You have to have the BLT package, whether you shell bltwish or wish.
> Modern BLT package doesn't contain bltwish, because
> "not a bug. It doesn't make sense to provide a separate shell for each Tcl
> Extension. . . .
> just use wish for your scripts:
>
>  #!/usr/bin/wish
>  package require BLT
>  [...] "
>

> Phil Evans wrote:
>> In previous CCP4 releases CCP4/ccp4i/bin/loggraph used "bltwish"
>>
>> exec $CCP4I_TCLTK/bltwish "$0" -- ${1+"$@"}
>>
>> In 6.2.0 this has mutated to
>>
>> exec $CCP4I_TCLTK/wish "$0" -- ${1+"$@"}
>>
>> which doesn't work on our systems, see error below
>>
>> I've fixed it by changing back to the previous exec bltwish, but does this
>> new version work for other people? Should it work for me, and with what
>> version of TCL?
>>
>> (I look forward to replacing loggraph!)
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> Error in startup script: can't find package BLT
>>    while executing
>> "package require BLT"
>>    (file "/public/xtal/CCP4/ccp4-64/ccp4-6.2.0-c5/ccp4i/bin/loggraph.tcl"
>> line 47)
>>    invoked from within
>> "source [file join $env(CCP4I_TOP) bin loggraph.tcl]"
>>    (file "/public/xtal/CCP4/ccp4-64/ccp4-6.2.0-c5/ccp4i/bin/loggraph" line 5)

William G. Scott

Contact info:
http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/