Hello John,

In my struggle with self-rotation function, I found this extremely useful to
start with. Specially the fig 4 on page 107.

"Characterizing a Crystal From an Initial Native Dataset" by Michael R. Sawaya
http://www.springerlink.com/content/k024q83484477j42/

The peaks in the log files are more helpful than the peaks in Patterson map
itself.

all the best
Manish