Its also a bit too simple to count secondary structure restraints as 2
restraints per residue, because if they're tight enough on, say, an alpha
helix, in combination with other geometry restraints (good bond angles, no
clashes, etc) you could probably turn the backbone of the entire helix into one
nearly-rigid body.  Which is not a bad idea at 5A.

Phoebe A. Rice
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
The University of Chicago
phone 773 834 1723
http://bmb.bsd.uchicago.edu/Faculty_and_Research/01_Faculty/01_Faculty_Alphabetically.php?faculty_id=123
http://www.rsc.org/shop/books/2008/9780854042722.asp