I would disagree about the disk issue. That's not the failure mode we have seen
in the iMacs. Fwiw. Anyway, if it were to fail you could just attach an
external disk and continue merrily along - macs will boot from external
FireWire (and I assume thunderbolt?) disks.

We are putting money where my mouth is. Our last five purchases have been i7
iMacs. It seems like quite a nice amount of oomph for the money.

Adrian Goldman

Sent from my iPhone