You can do it without having to do an assay at high temperature, because the
substrate stability would also change at higher temperature. What you could
do is the following:

1. Use a PCR machine to heat the enzyme, and then cool it down.
2. Keep one fraction at 4C / RT separately.
3. Do the assays and take the ratio (residual activity).
4. Make sure you normalize against protein concentration if you are checking
different mutations.
5. Do it at different pH and duration of heating.

HTH,
Partha