The silence on this list was deafening.

> group is saying: "OK, so he discovered fire and invented the wheel - but
> what has he done since?".

1983 Turing Award
1990 IEEE Hamming medal
1999 National Medal of Technology
2011 Japan Prize for Information and Communications (while he was
still alive I think)

Even if he hadn't done anything technologically innovative that was
made public since C and UNIX, his C book (which was the first
programming book I read in it's entirety) and the foundations of his
OS have helped countless millions of people. I find it sad that in
many undergrad computer science curricula, C is no longer being
taught. If you want to understand how software works under the hood
you either learn assembly or C.