Hi,

have a look into the supplement of the paper by Poul Nissen  pointed out.

There are some shell scripts exactly for that purpose.
I had to adapt the scripts a bit, but the instructions are very well to follow.

HTH
Guenter

Hi Pete

Thanks for the reply.

As for the transformation, I was going to use the refined mask operator (either
from the end of a DM run that produces a better map  for features I know have
to be there, or from a correlation of the averaging mask from  MAVE).

The interpolation is going to be a little more difficult. The 'good' solvent
mask output after a dmmulti run
has different gridding, extent, and cell than the mask output by the other
crystal forms.

However, the documentation for dmmulti says that SOLin can be on any grid or
axis ordering..  not quite sure about the extent.

Furthermore, it seems that Poul Nissen was able to put in a generic mask for
all his crystal forms
(http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2010/03/00/kw5018/index.html) without regard
for  interpolation (unit cell, extent, or gridding) nor transformation. So I'm
not exactly sure how I'm getting an 'inconsistent cell info'.....

Maybe it's because I'm getting my masks from dm instead of generating it from a
my averaging mask (which came from a pdb).. hmmm.......

Anyone know of a wiki page that talks about maps/masks and a description of
their properties (gridding, extent, basically everything discussed in the
output of mapinfo?) A wiki with examples (images) of different settings for
these items would be especially useful.