Hi Ed,

in the CCP4 distribution, openmp is not enabled by default, and there
seems to be no easy way to enable it (i.e. by setting a flag at the
configure stage).

On the other hand, you can easily create a separate build for phaser
that is openmp enabled and use phaser from there. To do this, create a
new folder, say "phaser-build", cd into it, and issue the following
commands (this assumes you are using bash):

$ python $CCP4/lib/cctbx/cctbx_sources/cctbx_project/libtbx/configure.py
--repository=$CCP4/src/phaser/source phaser
--build-boost-python-extensions=False --enable-openmp-if-possible=True

$ . ./setpaths.sh ("source ./setpaths.csh" with csh) $ libtbx.scons (if you have several CPUs, add -jX where X is the number of CPUs you want to use for compilation)

This will build phaser that is openmp-enabled. You can also try passing
the --static-exe flag (to configure.py), in which case the executable is
static and can be relocated without any headaches. This works with
certain compilers.

Let me know if there are any problems!

BW, Gabor