structure and function of microbial sensory rhodopsins, including
channelrhodopsins. The position requires a recent Ph.D. in one of the natural
sciences relevant to structural biochemistry. Applicants must be highly
motivated and have experience with protein purification and crystallization.
Experience with membrane proteins is an advantage.  Salary will be commensurate
with experience and will be in addition to a fringe benefit package.  Our lab
in the Center for Membrane Biology, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular
Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, is well equipped
for molecular biology, protein chemistry, and protein crystallography.  In
addition, our University is part of the Molecular Biology Consortium that
operates its own high flux MAD-capable x-ray beamline at ALS Berkeley,
California. Apply to
john.l.spud...@uth.tmc.edu<mailto:john.l.spud...@uth.tmc.edu> including your CV
and names of 3 references.