On Monday, 23 January 2012, Yuri Pompeu wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I want to play around with some coding/programming. Just simple calculations
> from an
> input PDB file, B factors averages, occupancies, molecular weight, so forth...
> What should I use python,C++, visual basic?

What you describe is primarily a task of processing the text in a PDB file.
I would recommend perl, with python as a more trendy alternative.

If this is to be a springboard for a larger project, then you might choose
instead to use a standard library like cctbx to do the fiddly stuff and
call it from a higher level language (C or C++).

        Ethan