Rashmi,

There are other membrane materials which might bind less. We have also found
that there seems to be binding sometimes to the plastic itself. So a
different manufacturer can help.

Also, always use same centricon for same protein. Sometimes you take a big
hit on a centricon's first use and then it is fine for subsequent uses. If
the protein prep is not terribly difficult, you could try that centricon a
second time.

We have used PEG 20 K to pull water out. If you do that you must watch it
carefully and immerse the dialysis tubing in final buffer when you are near
final concentration. If you just remove the PEG without washing it will
continue to concentrate.

Doug Ohlendorf