From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of
CHAVES SANJUAN, ANTONIO
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 5:07 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Kinase crystallization

Dear all,

I am trying to crystallize a protein kinase without any success.

I suspect about its characteristic catalytic loop. I have already
prepared different constructs, different expression vectors, and
different mutant proteins (pseudo-phosphorylated, active, inactive?). I
have also tested some ligands as ANPpnp (non hidrolizable nucleotide),
ADP (product) and manganese (cofactor).

I am thinking in trying to cocrystallize it with a general kinase
substrate (a peptide, a small molecule...). Does any one have any
experience or suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Antonio