Clearly, it's better to use shape-matched rotors (I sort of assumed
that you do that already!); however the BD/Falcon polyethylene tubes
(conical ends) will actually change shape (flow) when placed into the
round-ended rotors, if the speed is high enough -- and most of the
time the tubes survive the transition w/o ill effects. Polycarbonate
ones will shatter every time if their end taper does not match the
rotor taper (ok, at < 5000g they will probably survive).

Artem