This sentence in my previous posting may or may not be correct technically-
May be make sure about this as it says reindex because only you need to rescale
it like in HKL2000.  It its wrong I am  Sorry in advance.

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:43:15 -0500
From: ccp4...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] MTZ file
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Mahesh,
You should always use output_1.mtz for refinement.
Dont use output_2. mtz for further refinement instead use some ccp4 utilities
to change output_1.mtz (C222) to say output1_mod.mtz (C2221). This will become
your master file for all further refinement. What ever remaining 2.mtz, 3.mtz,
so on you get would only be used in coot and after the modification in coot the
new model will be refined against your output1_mod.mtz (one with correct SG,
now called new master file).
Never use 2,3, 4, mtz files which you get after each round of refinement in
next refinement. So "Am right-now using output_2.mtz, Is it right to use
output_3.mtz  ?" - NO
Changing from 1 to 1_mod could be done in HKL2000, at scaling step or maybe
reindex or pointless will do. I am not 100% sure though.  May be make sure
about this as it says reindex because only you need to rescale it like in
HKL2000. You could use SFtools and CAD also I guess. These three in all CCP4.
There may be few more in CCP4 on windows, others could give good suggestion
than me.
Hope this helpsRaj