I just noticed that the PDB has changed the stated resolution for one of my old
structures!  It was refined against a very anisotropic data set that extended
to 2.2 in the best direction only.  When depositing I called the resolution 2.5
as a rough average of resolution in all 3 directions, but now PDB is
advertising it as 2.2, which is misleading.

I'm afraid I may not have paid enough attention to the fine print on this issue
- is the PDB now automatically advertising the "resolution" of a structure as
that of the outermost flyspeck used in refinement, regardless of more cautious
assertions by the authors?  If so, I object!

Phoebe A. Rice
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
The University of Chicago
phone 773 834 1723
http://bmb.bsd.uchicago.edu/Faculty_and_Research/01_Faculty/01_Faculty_Alphabetically.php?faculty_id=123
http://www.rsc.org/shop/books/2008/9780854042722.asp