On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Mark J van Raaij <mjvanra...@cnb.csic.es <mailto:mjvanra...@cnb.csic.es>> wrote:
even more flexible than COOT?
- the only thing I can think of that I haven't worked out how to do in COOT is grabbing and moving one atom at a time.

On 23/05/12 19:50, jens j birktoft wrote:
Thanks Mark.

As a matter of fact that is what I am really looking for. The ability to move one or a few selected atoms/fragments at a time.

And you thought that Coot was not flexible enough to do that?

:-(

Coot FAQ 4.23

http://www.biop.ox.ac.uk/coot/doc/coot-faq.html#How-do-I-_0022grab_0022-just-one-atom-in-Real-Space-Refinement_002fRegularization_003f

Also:

If you don't want regularization/refinement, use the Rotate/Translate tool and Ctrl-click the atom(s) to move them one at a time.

If you want "on the fly" regularization/refinement of fragments that include atoms that don't move when you "drop" them you need to fix them with the Fix Atom tool before regularization/refinement.

HTH,

Paul.