I do not seem to understand the meaning of ‘fixing’. Fixing something can
mean

a)      repairing it, implying that something was broken or amiss. Lack of
experimental information expressed as omission of atoms is not something
that needs fixing.

b)      keeping it constant. Like in having one single energy minimized
conformation and accepting it once ‘fixed’ as in (a).

c)      injection of conscience-expanding drugs, often also hallucinogenic,
as in ‘fixing’ in (b)’.

d)     removal of reproductive organs, as in possible punishment for
mutilating experimental structure models by fixing as in (a,b,c)

A discrete ensemble of probable rotamers following a distribution with
constrained occupancy probabilities according to their empirically observed
frequency (optimally context sensitive) might be an approximate solution to
a to this date quite contentious issue. I am sure Paul will make it happen
;-)

Anyhow - beware of fixers.

BR