Hi folks

This problem arises because I inadvertently included the versions of
MOSFLM_EXEC that require X11 libraries in the iMosflm distribution (for Linux
only - Macs and Windows were okay) - iMosflm doesn't need these.

I've put fixed binaries on the Mosflm download site for Linux -

http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/harry/mosflm/ver708/pre-built/mosflm_linux_32_noX11.zip

and

http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/harry/mosflm/ver708/pre-built/mosflm_linux_64_noX11.zip

If you haven't had this problem you don't need to download the new copies.

On 15 Jun 2012, at 16:10, hari jayaram wrote:

> Hi,
> I just installed imosflm 1.0.6 and the associated mosflm 7.0.8. I can
> run the mosflm executable by itself . Yet when imosflm starts it gives
> me an error popup
>
> "iMosflm cannot run "/home/hari/imosflm_download/1.06/imosflm/bin/mosflm".
>
> And then gives me the output from the running of the mosflm executable
>
> <B><FONT COLOR="#FF000:>/...etc
>

> I have chmod-ed +x the MOSFLM_EXEC mosflm and it runs quite well on the shell.
>
> I also have an older imosflm and mosflm that work..any ideas why I get
> the error popup .
>
> I have a feeling its something that bleeding through my .bashrc file
> because it complains that some Postgres library is not there in the
> path further down after it gives the header from the mosflm executable
> output. This postgres error msg may be coming from something else
> being sourced.
>
> Help in troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated
>

> I am attaching a screenshot.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Hari
> <imosflm-1.0.6-wrror-popup.png>

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills Road,
Cambridge, CB2 0QH