From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Bosch,
Juergen
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 8:27 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] harvesting in cold room (was: cryo for high salt crystal)

This is a very interesting topic I have to say.

But what I missed in this discussion is the pain you go through when freezing
in the cold room. As the name implies it's supposed to be cold (most of the
times). But that's not too much of an issue as you can dress up accordingly.
The problem I always had was freezing up of the <advertisement> Hampton
Magnetic Wand </advertisement> and icing up towards your fingertips after some
time when moisture from the cold room condenses and freezes. I hate wearing
gloves when handling crystals so there was not much of a skin protection.

How do you guys solve this problem ?

Jürgen

Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Office: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894