Hi,

~1/3 of a chain that show substantial difference suggests a possibility that may deserve a check---the symmetry is actually lower and the 2 conformations belong to two occ=1 mols (unless the SG is already P1).

I had a case that the apo SG was P1 and ligand-bound (soaked) SG was P1 too but the binding made the data very well reducible to P2. When refined with P2, I got something like you mentioned. When going back with P1, everything turned to be clean, also R and Rfree were ~3% lower.

Lijun