BioSAXS beamtime at CHESS is now available for Fall 2012!

Dear BioSAXS users,

Beamtime is still available during the Fall running period (Sept 12 - Nov 19)
for BioSAXS.

--------------------------------
To apply for time, please fill out the short online express-mode form at
express.chess.cornell.edu/EM_form.php<http://express.chess.cornell.edu/EM_form.php>
Under "Choice of experimental technique" specify "Other In the box provided
for "Special experimental and facility needs" type "standard BioSAXS".
beamline = F2
Please also send me an email when you submit your express mode form:
r...@cornell.edu<mailto:r...@cornell.edu>
To insure a successful visit, please carefully follow the sample preparation
guidelines and other information given on our recently updated BioSAXS web
page:www.macchess.cornell.edu/MacCHESS/bio_saxs.html<http://www.macchess.cornell.edu/MacCHESS/bio_saxs.html>

---- News ------

The F2 station is now dedicated to BioSAXS. You can read about our robotic
sample loading system in our recent paper:
"High-throughput biological small-angle X-ray scattering with a robotically
loaded capillary cell", Nielsen, S. S., Moller, M. & Gillilan, R. E. (2012). J.
Appl. Cryst. 45.

We now have dual SAXS/WAXS Pilatus 100K detectors that give us automatic
q-space coverage from 0.008 - 0.8 inverse Angstroms!

Our AKTA Purifier size-exclusion chromatography (SEC) system is available for
use at the F2 beamline. If your samples seem to aggregate rapidly after
preparation, or you think you may have a mixture, you may want to investigate
on-site SEC. Fractions can be collected directly into the same 96-well plates
used by the BioSAXS robot.
I you are interested, contact me (Richard Gillilan) for details.

Hope you can join us this Fall!

Best

Richard Gillilan
MacCHESS