Hi Andreas,

The simple answer to this is that you do NOT attempt to redefine the background. Providing the additional spots shown in your image belong to the same lattice, mosflm will automatically exclude pixels from adjacent spots when doing the background plane fitting, so you need do nothing. It helps to have a larger box size because the background plane is better defined.

To answer your question, you need to go to "Settings -> Processing Options -> Advanced integration" in imosflm, then the top 5 lines define the measurement box parameters, changing the box width and height should do what you want, although you may need to uncheck the box "Optimise overall box size" to stop the box being made bigger again.

Best wishes,

Andrew