I say (of course I would!) why not try co-crystallization with random
microseeding using the crystals with the original ligand?

It usually allows you to control the number of crystals per drop too

--
 patr...@douglas.co.uk    Douglas Instruments Ltd.
 Douglas House, East Garston, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 7HD, UK

 http://www.douglas.co.uk
 Tel: 44 (0) 148-864-9090    US toll-free 1-877-225-2034
 Regd. England 2177994, VAT Reg. GB 480 7371 36