Appu kumar wrote:
Dear all,
                   Please guide me on right track in weired confusion. I have
model structure(available in pdb)
and a structure solved by molecular replacement as a dimer  . Our structure
does not giving correct tetramer by
symmetry mates. Strangely when i am aligning our structure on model structure
and generating symmetry mates of our
structure to find the correct tetramer from dimer, i am getting the one which i
want. Why the structure solved by
us give tetramer on aligning with model structure. I do not know weather it is
a right way to find the correct
oligomeric state of protein or not. So please i reaquest you to suggest me with
your valuable advice to overcome
with this confusion.
Thank you in advance
Appu

After transforming your solution dimer back to the position in the structure from which you got the model, then applying NCS gives the proper tetramer? Is this using the cell and spacegroup of the original model, or your cell and space group? If the former, then it is not surprising but it doesn't tell you anything about the arrangement in your new structure.