Hi,

the error message (which I also can reproduce) says, that the expression
        $task_setup typedef $arrayname
does not evaluate to a number - it's a coding error, something that
the HGen tcl-code passes incorrectly to the function RunTask.
Should be OS independent and fixed by the responsible, I dare say.

You can run hgen from the command line while you are waiting for that
to happen, though.

Cheers,
Tim

On 11/23/2012 02:41 PM, Martin Montgomery wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get the same error message that you are seeing on either my mac
> (10.8.2 with a fink installed 64 bit ccp4 6.3.0) or our main linux
> server, again running the latest ccp4 with all the latest patches.
>
> Regards
>
> MGM
>

> Martin G Montgomery ATP Synthase Group MRC Mitochondrial Biology
> Unit Wellcome Trust/MRC Building Hills Road Cambridge CB2 0XY
>

> On 23 Nov 2012, at 13:20, Petr Leiman <petr.lei...@epfl.ch> wrote:
>
>> I have to follow up on my own thread because Hgen GUI does not
>> start on my Mac (10.6.8) either. The same error message, which
>> tells me that the tcl/tk code is broken. CCP4 is up-to-date. It
>> would be great if at least one person tries pressing the Hgen
>> button in ccp4i and gives a feedback to me or CCP4BB.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Petr
>>

>> On Nov 22, 2012, at 3:04 PM, Petr Leiman wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Hgen GUI does not start (the error message is below). The CCP4
>>> version is 6.3.0-009 (64 bit). The system is 2.6.35-32-generic
>>> #67-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux. Is this unique to our system
>>> configuration?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Petr
>>>
>>> The error message is:
>>>
>>> can't use non-numeric string as operand of "!" can't use
>>> non-numeric string as operand of "!" while executing "if {
>>> ![$task_setup typedef $arrayname] } { PleaseWait return }"
>>> (procedure "RunTask" line 96) invoked from within "RunTask
>>> hgen" invoked from within
>>> ".module.menu.action.canvas.frame.t.f_47 invoke" ("uplevel"
>>> body line 1) invoked from within "uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
>>> (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22) invoked from within
>>> "tk::ButtonUp .module.menu.action.canvas.frame.t.f_47" (command
>>> bound to event)

- --
- --
Dr Tim Gruene