A year or two ago we switched from Fedora to Scientific Linux 6. It is a free repackaging of Red Hat Enterprise, so it should be a straightforward shift from Fedora. It is supported long term, and has backing from several large labs (fermilab, CERN, etc)

CCP4, Coot, etc. seem to be well-supported in it. Anything package for RH Enterprise should be fine.