Indeed there are many web tools predicting solubility.

My personal bias is that your brain is the best tool for ideas on how to design
expression constructs.
(since one question in a multi-domain protein, is which bit is interesting ...!)
Many brains are better than one (talk to your colleagues - even to your
supervisor ! - for ideas).

A tool we like (since we developed it ...) helps to combine information from
many other tools and help us make decisions
(and order pcr primers to implement our decisions) is available at:

http://xtal.nki.nl/ccd

Another advice is whatever constructs you try, try them in many vectors - I
could give another self-plugin here
but I will not. There are many good systems allowing to put the same PCR
product to many vectors for expression.

A.