Hi all,

I've downloaded a structure factor file from the PDB that presents
itself as being triclinic.  It contains F, sig(F), and Rfree only.
The P1-ness of this structure is dubious, however.

Pointless is 99.6% sure it's orthorhombic and puts out an mtz file
in P212121 containing
        I SIGI BATCH M/ISYM

where the batch numbers are all 1 and ISYM runs from 1 to 8.
So far so good, but now I'm stuck.  I can't persuade Scala
or Aimless to merge the symmetry mates and report a merging
R factor.    Is there a trick to this?  Some other program sequence?

        Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg