Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 03:42:45 +0800
From: sreera...@yahoo.co.in
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] validating ligand density
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Thank you very much to all those who suggested a way out for our situation. We
have so far refined the occupancies on phenix and the ligand shows an uniform
occupancy of 0.8 post the refinement. The B-factors of the ligand are around 20
 (atleast for the regions with a well defined electron density), which is
slightly lower than the average B-factors of the whole structure which is 24.

We have a few poorly defined regions in our electron density. This was the
starting point of our problem and it remains to be a problem.
@ Robbie ---> we would like to run EDSTAT on CCP4 but we dont find the program
in both 6.3.0 and  6.3.1 versions. It would be kind to know if we are doing
something wrong to not find it on the ensuite.

@ Herman ----> We did add the cryo from the crystallisation condition as
another strategy but that also doesnt look too convincing. There is just that
enough more to the density to think its our
 substrate. The density also does not compare well with the apo structures.

@ Eleanor----> We set the occupancies to zero and refined the structure but we
did not get any conclusive answers from it. We have a continious density for
the best part of the ligand; but as you mentioned a few carbon atoms which are
wobbly are poorly defined. We will look carefully into the geometrical
restraints as you suggested.

 Thank you all again for the suggestions!Srinivasan