Hi Konstantin,

I use "#11 Classic Fine Point Blades" from X-acto to cut through the
plastic Laminex film covers without much of an issue.  If you decide to use
glass covers rather than plastic, Hampton sells a nice glass-cutting tool (
http://hamptonresearch.com/product_detail.aspx?cid=18&sid=203&pid=626).

Cheers, Jim

--
Jim Fairman, Ph D.