Two post-docs positions are available in St Andrews, start date this summer.

The project is the structural and functional characterisation of membrane
proteins involved in sugar lipid polymer synthesis and transport in bacteria.
It is funded by the Wellcome Trust.

The ideal candidates have transformative powers, e.g. purifying proteins in a
morning and crystallising proteins simply by looking; basically all round
superstars.

Failing that, I am looking for experience in protein chemistry especially
membrane proteins. Industrial experience is as valid as academic. Strong
preference will be given to successful experience with membrane protein
biochemistry.

You must have submitted a PhD before you can start work.

A technician will assist these two positions.

St Andrews is is located in Scotland and is an equal opportunity slave driver.

Full details are available on the unbelievably expensive and cumbersome
University job site. (Its main role seems to me is to act as a filter in
discouraging applicants)
https://www.vacancies.st-andrews.ac.uk/

The reference you need is Research Fellows - ME1326, it is listed under the
school of chemistry. Sorry, but you do need to apply through this Byzantine
system.

Informal contacts are most welcome, email me naism...@st-andrews.ac.uk (subject
post-doc).

best
Jim

Jim Naismith
BSRC, North Haugh
j...@st-andrews.ac.uk
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532k

Google scholar is free and tracks your outputs, mine are
http://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?hl=en&user=fLmKKQMAAAAJ