Thanks to All for the diligent answers to my query,

The protein is not thermophilic and has only one cysteine. We are working
in presence of freshly added reducing agent and glycerol to promote
solubility (well kinda it seems).
This is not an RNA or DNA binding protein and it has no low-complexity
regions except at the N terminus, there maybe some left over from a cryptic
transit peptide (somehow basic) that supposedly targets the protein to a
specific organelle. We are probably going to truncate further to see if it
solves our problem

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions,
Cheers,

Pascal

--
Pascal F. Egea, PhD