What is the relationship between the molecules in the spacegroups - it
seems likely that in the bigger cell there is a NC translation of
~(1/2,y,z)?  ? (A2 ~ twice a1) That can be checked by the native
Patterson..

If so that gives a class of significantly weaker reflections for h odd, and
that usually does lead to higher R factors.
It also means that the h00 reflections will be weak for h odd, and that the
SG assignment could be either P2 2i2i  or P21 2i2i - you need to test
both..

However that doesnt explain the smaller R factors, unless the packing there
also gave rise to a NC translation..  Again checked from the native
Patterson..

Eleanor