Dear Urmi,

My first question, did you collect a full data set at a synchrotron and
processed this data? I think your diffraction is not as bad as you think it is,
and you may get 3-3.5 Å data from it. I asume the crystal structure of the
antigen is known and even with 4.5 Å data you could run molecular replacement
to define the epitope, which usually is already very important information.
You could also try to collect data from a very small crystal. When there is
long-range disorder, small crystals may diffract better. Some microfocus
beamlines have the possibility to scan the crystal, to find the region in the
crystal with best diffraction. Local differences within a crystal can be
dramatic.

Some suggestions for crystallization:
Add cryoprotectant to your crystallization setup, so you can freeze your
crystal directly from the drop where it grew and it does not get any shocks
when adding cryoprotectant after it is grown. Also, as you said, test
diffraction with unfrozen crystals.
Reduce the protein concentration to slow down crystal growth, maybe combined
with seeding.
Add some trypsin to your crystallization drop to maybe clip off some flexible
loops.

Good luck!
Herman