It is probably a wrong question to ask here. Pretty much everything is "tolerated" by PDB during deposition, the report you get is an advice, not instruction. I wonder whether anyone has an example of the RCSB/PDBe/PDBj ever turning down submitted structure.

The right question is whether the short contact you mention is tolerated by laws of nature. It's fairly common to have, say, a water molecule split in two positions near symmetry axis - as long as you have it at occupancy<1.0, it's ok.