Thanks Tim! But seriously, MAX IV will, as well as being a synchrotron, have a
Short Pulse Facility at the end of its linac:

http://www.maxlab.lu.se/femtomax

By "world's brightest light source" of course I loaned a management slogan, but
MAX IV will be a 3 GeV facility with emittance around 0.25 nmrad, which is a
factor of 4 better than PETRA-III and will, at least as long as records tend to
hold (i.e. not long), have the best specs in the world:

http://www.maxlab.lu.se/node/206

/Derek

>>> www.cmps.lu.se Centre for Molecular Protein Science
>>> www.maxlab.lu.se/node/307 Lund University, Box 124, 221 00 Lund,