This is the kind of things MG was designed to do -- Eugene

On 4 Jun 2013, at 15:18, Tobias Beck wrote:

Dear all,

I would like to visualize the interface of a protein-protein complex. The
complex formation is modulated by a ligand that upon binding alters the overall
structure of one protein, which then in turn forms the complex with the second
protein (structure of the complex is known). Ligand binding does not seem to
induce a discrete conformational switch, rather a subtle alteration of the
contact interface. The isolated structure of the first protein without the
ligand is known as well.

In addition to depicting the structural difference in conventional ways I was
thinking to draw some kind of stretched out topology map of the surface that is
interacting - first the surface from the isolated protein, then the surface as
it is found in the complex and then maybe some kind of difference map...

Does anybody have some suggestions how to do this? I would prefer to do some
kind of stretched out surface (basically a rectangle of the region of interest)
and show "mountains and valleys" and their change, but not sure if this is
feasible.

Thanks for any advice!

Best wishes,

Tobias.