So, in SI units it would be a kilometerometer?

--dvd

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Edward A. Berry wrote:

an Odometer measures hod?s:
wikipedia: The word derives from the Greek words hod?s ("path" or "gateway") and m?tron ("measure"). In countries where Imperial units or US customary units are used, it is sometimes called a mileometer or milometer, or, colloquially, a tripometer.

Tim Gruene wrote:

Yes, but you need to know the 'geo' has to do with earth, so geometers
measure the earth to make maps, odo, I believe has to do with  smell,
and kilometer is hyphenated kilo-meter, no kil-ometer, so the origin
of that word is nothing to do with 'ometer'. Remembering stuff from
your school days help a great deal understanding the world around you ;-)

Best,
Tim