Hi Herman,

Tighter restraints typically close the gap between R and R-free. This does
not mean one should just tighten the restraints to satisfy one's own (or a
referee's) idea of what the gap should be. I don't think there is a clear
target of how large or small the gap should be. If you optimize the
restraints to get the best (free) likelihood, you usually get a reasonable R
gap without explicitly optimizing it.

Cheers,
Robbie

Rfactor
> up to 18%, but the Rfree stays about the same or even gets a little worse.
> >
> > My question: is there a way to bring R and Rfree closer together, or is
it
> related to the twinned data and is it something we have to live with?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Herman

F's)
> with just the TWIN command to see if it ends up keeping twin fractions for
all
> 3 operators (4 domains) -- especially with crystals 1 and 3 which appear
> have the largest estimates of the other twin fractions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mitch

> > Mitchell Miller, Ph.D.
> > Joint Center for Structural Genomics
> > Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource
> > 2575 Sand Hill Rd  -- SLAC MS 99
> > Menlo Park, CA  94025
> > Phone: 1-650-926-5036
> > FAX: 1-650-926-3292