Dear All
I've been reading several mails that adress the problem of acetylated N-termini
when refining peptide ligands with refmac. I managed to include LINKR records
after running refmacs "review restraints" as suggested by Eleanor Dodson in one
of the mails I found:

LINKR        C   ACE I   0                 N   TRP I   1                ACE_C-N

But the records themself are obviously not sufficient to maintain the ACE
linked to TRP during refinement and ACE moves away.

Eleanor Dodson wrote about that topic:
"If you run [...] review restraints, it will detect and make a LINK entry for
you
Then you will need to use the GUI task - merge monomer library to combine your
corrected MAL with the new LINK
Run refmac again with XYZIN the output from "review restraints " task (that
will include a LINK record) and it should/might! work..."

If I read that correctly, Review restraints should produce a LIBOUT that can be
loaded as .cif in a later step for refinement? Such a file was

not produced.

I tried afterwards:

1) To regularize and safe an ACE-TRP monomer in JLIgand and load the .cif as
LIBIN for refmac. The link is found, but ACE still moves away with

the same messages:

  WARNING : link:ACE_C-N  is found dist =     1.361 ideal_dist=     1.329
            ch:II   res:   1  TRP              at:N   .->Ia   res:   0  ACE
         at:C   .

Even though XYZOUT still contains the LINKR records.

2) As I suspected, refmac needs except for the LINKR record a LIBIN that should
be produced when running Review Restraints. As this .cif file

is not produced, I sent the whole ligand to prodrug and safed the .cif from
there. But that did not work out either.

3) I also tried to change the LINKR record into LINK

I failed until now to tell refmac to maintain ACE linked to the TRP. I know
this issues have been discussed before, but none of the suggestions helped yet.
Any help would be highly appriciated.