CCP4 Study weekend 2014 on Complementary Techniques - programme now live at:

http://www.cse.scitech.ac.uk/events/CCP4_2014/programme.html

What techniques can be combined with crystallographic analysis? Of all
deposited structures in the PDB, more than half are oligomeric, and three
quarters have a ligand bound.

In-solution methods like SAXS or biophysical techniques allow us to validate
the information on the molecular assembly. Biophysical techniques are also
essential to probe ligands and co-factors. We address how to make ligand
complexes with novel methods to mount and manipulate crystals.  A session on
drug design gives the perspective and discusses additional techniques such as
NMR. Simulations and NMR also address the dynamic nature of macromolecules. EM
techniques can be used to address macromolecular complexes of changing
composition and go full circle with the X-ray analysis.

You will learn how complementary methods help in structure determination and
analysis, leading to a better understanding of the bio-macromolecules we study.

Interested? Then click here to
register<https://eventbooking.stfc.ac.uk/login?EVENT=147>.

The organisers.
Ivo Tews, University of Southampton