Hi folks,

We are trying to model multiple instances of a small molecule that contains a
piperazine ring. I am looking for the appropriate torsion angles that are
needed for a cif file in order for the piperazine ring to be able to adopt
either a chair or a boat or any combination between the two (i.e. relaxed
torsion restraints but remaining tetrahedral).

Any help would be much appreciated before I launch into writing a new cif file
from scratch.

As a little background, the piperazine contains a phenyl substituent on the
nitrogen which is tetrahedral according to the CSD for small molecules. This
has meant that the auto generated cif files gave the wrong geometry for the
nitrogen in the first place.

Many thanks

Joel

Joel Tyndall, PhD

Associate Professor in Medicinal Chemistry
National School of Pharmacy
University of Otago
PO Box 56 Dunedin 9054
New Zealand