I need help with a problem whose dimensions I perceive, but cannot surmount.

It appears to be very important for me to re-make an illustration I made long
ago using molscript. For various reasons, I cannot think of a way to do this
with Pymol. I want to highlight active site residues by showing only the alpha
carbons at approximately their van der Waals radii or a bit bigger.

I resurrected molscript 2.1.2, recompiled it on my iMac and ran the input file,
creating what appears to be a postscript file. Distiller converts it to a pdf
file, but the image has all the wrong colors and hasn't been ray traced. The
original illustration was prepared on a unix workstation that had a flow of
programs that involved raster3D creating what I think were .png files, which I
viewed and manipulated with a suite of unix-based public domain graphics
utilities whose names I cannot recall, but they were much in vogue at the time.

The header of the file output by molscript is:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%BoundingBox: (atend)
%%Creator: MolScript v2.1.2, Copyright (C) 1997-1998 Per J. Kraulis
%%For: charleswcarterjr
%%DocumentNeededResources: font Times-Roman Symbol
%%Pages: 1
%%EndComments
%%BeginProlog
50 dict begin
/R { setrgbcolor } bind def

which suggests it is a .ps file.

Can anyone help me recover the rest of the software train that produced the
images I once made?

Or alternately how to create a similar view using pymol?

Many thanks,

Charlie